• Cash Registers
• Plastic Fruit and Veggies
• Shopping Carts
You will need to create, collect and ask for Donations regarding the following:
• Empty Food boxes (think cereal, cake, pasta, Frozen Food Containers, Milk Jugs, egg cartons, etc) clean them out fill them with newspaper and use packing tape around the edges to seal
• Empty Plastic Bottles (Juice, water, soda clean out and use hot glue to glue the cap on securely)
• Empty Cleaning Products Taped or sealed shut be careful with these they must be cleaned out and securely closed
• Grocery Weekly ads and Large Ads(the Dollar Tree and I am sure others will Donate their LARGE ads they have hanging in the store just ask) * Dollar Tree changes Ads on Mondays while regular grovery stores change ads on Wednesdays
• Reusable Grocery bags (Ralphs donates on Mondays and Fresh and Easy Donates as well)
• Sale stickers and signs (ask on Wednesdays)
• Plastic Baskets for shopping
• Old Displays (ask on Wednesdays many displays are changed out and disposed of with the new sale ads )
• Purses/ wallets
* Use a black trash bag or black fabric taped down to create a "conveyor belt" look near cash register
* coupons- save from Sunday paper etc
• Money: Green paper (Think Pretend City money)
• Optional: Flower Stand--- Ask Walmart for Silk Flower Donations.
• Bakery: Create felt bakery items Here is a list of easy tutorials
• Anything else you can think of?
• Use Dramtic play shelves already there plus wire racks in shed to create aisles
• Have paper and pens set out for children to make Grocery lists
• Freezer section: Use a clear shower curtain liner cut it to the right length cut strips attach under loft.
• Check out area- Use a black trash bag or black fabric taped down to create a "conveyor belt" look near cash register
• Optional: Bakery and Flower stands
• Produce stand
I made this and it just took a few minutes. I bought the stand at Goodwill for $7 I already had the board in my garage from a previous project I used some paint, sanded the sides and attached the board with some "L" brackets. Easy Peasy and now we have a cute produce stand.
Our Flower Stand Go Here for step by step instructions on how to make one.
This thing is awesome anyone have any ideas as to how to recreate it? It is supposed to be strictly for a Kids Bakery Display Case, from the 'Designs by Sara' collection, 42''w x 24''d. Includes an unbreakable Lexan® display window, 3 shelves & locking sliding doors in the back. Top & shelves have a brush orange laminate.
Here is a link to the site where I found it
Our Produce stand and Flower stand
We used signs to indicate where everything is
We chose to use reusable bags instead of paper so they can be reused year after year and we don't have to worry about them being torn etc during play
We used a Mailbox to house our sale ads we have been collecting
We put out paper and pencils for "Make your own Shopping Lists"
I made turkey/chicken legs and we had meat trays donated we sealed them up and placed them in the freezer section.
Our freezer section we saved an assortment of frozen tv dinners etc
I used a shower curtain and cut it to size for the freezer section I also cut strips it into strips so the kids could easily reach in and pull out what they want
Our Bakery I made a cake and a pie we used donated plastic containers for the rest.
These were such a great idea from one of the moms she found pictures of cookies and then cut them out attached them to cardboard and then we used donated muffin containers where we taped them done and sealed them so the kids can purchase cookies.
We sectioned the food into categories we kept all the dairy/ eggs together breakfast stuff together etc.
Our market, the "next customer" signs are cardboard covered in masking tape rolled into a long triangle shape witrh the words written on in sharpie
I used a trash bag as the "conveyor belt" and used the bottom of the shower curtain that we weren't using to cover the whole table so I wouldn't have to tape directly to our table it sealed in the trash bag and I taped the shower curtain to itself so we won't have any yucky tape residue.
I also purchased small baskets for shopping this way we can kind of limit how much they "buy"
6 Amazing Ways to Serve Potatoes
10 hours ago