Pasta or Rice
Food Coloring or Liquid Water Colors
bowls or Ziploc Baggies
Paper towels or paper bag (to soak up excess liquid)
1. Portion out your pasta/rice into equal amounts for color distribution. Place the pasta/rice in bowls or ziploc baggies.
2. Cover the pasta/rice in rubbing alcohol you don't want the pasta/rice to be floating just cover to the top
3. Add food coloring/ liquid watercolors. STIR.
4. Let set for several Hours I let this batch set for 5 hours usually I let it set for 12-24 hours. Make sure that your bowls are covered with plastic wrap or your ziploc baggies are closed securely
5. Drain the liquid and place the pasta/rice on a drying area put papertowels/ paper bag underneath them to soak up excess liquid
6. Let dry for at least 2 hours
7. Enjoy! The alcohol does not absorb into the pasta or rice so they stay dry and crisp even after soaking.
Variation: This can be done with cooked spaghetti noodles for a fun sensory tub experiment!